Supported Employment Professional
- Bachelor of Arts degree from an accredited college or university with a major in business, nursing, education or social, behavioral or rehabilitative science.
- Experience in one of the previously mentioned fields shall substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required college education.
- Physical ability to assist consumers on job sites.
- Must possess valid Florida driver's license and insurance with good driving record.
- Available to work flexible hours and days.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to analyze work tasks.
- Strong desire to work with people with disabilities.
- Must be capable of working independently.
- Maintains First Aid/CPR, aids, and Job Coach Certifications.
- Pass required background screening.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Develop job opportunities, obtain placement for and provide hands-on training of persons with disabilities in community-based employment.
EXAMPLES OF WORK (NOT ALL INCLUSIVE):
- Participates in development and assessment of consumer pool.
- Completes job analysis and training plan.
- Provides intensive one-on-one training. Ensures the job gets done.
- Provides follow along services as assigned.
- Provides training in support areas such as transportation, money, skills, grooming, and other skills needed to succeed on the job.
- Collects data and retrains as needed.
- Maintains and submits reports as required.
- Maintains liaison with employers and potential employers.
- Works flexible hours/days as needed, be available for response to pager requests.
- Ensures maximum integration of each worker at the job site and in the community.
- Monitors and anticipates consumer needs in relation to continued success of the placement.
- Works closely with other The Arc North Florida, Inc. staff.
- Receives a minimum of 24 hours per year of job related in-service training. Maintains First Aid/CPR, Aids, and contagious disease training. 8 hours of training must be for supported employment issues. A minimum of 12 hours pre-service training is required.
- Provide physical assistance to consumers as needed.
- Performs other duties as required.