Direct Service Professional
- Be 21 years of age or older (per our Insurance required guidelines)
- Pass a drug screening, as well as random drug screens throughout employment as we are a drug free environment
- Pass a local Law (with most current county you have resided in for a year)
- Pass a FDLE and FBI background check
- Have a valid Florida Driver License with a good driving record
- Have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Have one year’s verifiable work experience with people with disabilities, child care, education, or the medical field.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for training and supervising clients in the assigned service. Assures quality control of assigned projects. Assists supervisor in the performance of his/her duties. Works in assigned areas. Serves as a "utility staff" when needed.
EXAMPLES OF WORK: (NOT ALL INCLUSIVE)
- Trains clients in assigned areas.
- Properly supervises clients, ensuring proper conduct and safety. Does not allow clients to leave within sight and/or sound unless specifically approved by the supervisor.
- Responsible for maintenance and care of assigned equipment and vehicles.
- Participates in goal setting with clients as required. Implements activities to help individual reach projected goals and documents same.
- Anticipates and solves problems.
- Maintain proper inventory of needed supplies. Provides security for same.
- Sets an example personal hygiene and dress. Assists clients with personal needs as required. Reviews clients dress and hygiene daily.
- Motivates in a positive way. Treats individuals served in a dignified, normal manner.
- Maintains high levels of cleanliness in assigned areas.
- Communicates problems to supervisor.
- Ensures proper job orientation for each person served.
- Maintains high standards of conduct.
- Maintains high level of quality control.
- Responsible for transporting clients on community inclusion activities.
- Provide physical assistance to client in transferring, toileting, feeding etc. as needed. (Requires lifting)
- Performs other duties as required.