Bachelor’s degree in nursing, education or social sciences, with 2 years of experience with people with disabilities. Experience may be substituted for college on a year for year basis. Experience working with people with disabilities. Management experience preferred. Good organizational, leadership, oral and written skills. Able to work flexible hours. Self – starter and works well independently. Good driving record. Pass background screening. Maintains First Aide/CPR and AIDS/Contagious Disease Certifications.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITES:
A professional position responsible for developing, implementing and managing all Adult Day Training programs, residential programs including facilities, respite, personal care services, in-home supports and Adults with Disabilities Programs.
EXAMPLES OF WORK (NOT ALL INCLUSIVE)
1. Ensure that agency client records are maintained accurately; see that client billing is accurately prepared and submitted in a timely fashion; provide copies of the billing documentation to appropriate parties.
2. Ensure that all required data for funding sources is maintained and submitted.
3. Ensure that client records and billing are reviewed for accuracy as they relate to goals and objectives, reports on progress, etc.
4. Responsible to receive and review all incoming support plans/services authorizations to ensure accuracy; see that they are forwarded to appropriate service departments in a timely fashion.
5. Act as the point of contact for perspective client referrals; interface with clients and families and APD staff; make recommendations to The Arc North Florida Admissions Committee; schedule and coordinate intake for new consumers.
6. Represent The Arc North Florida, Inc. at school IEP meetings when requested.
7. Serve as a point of contact for Waiver Support Coordinators, VR counselors
and families of existing clients.
8. Maintain an effective relationship with area public and private schools, technical schools and supporting state and local agencies (APD, DVR, FDLRS, etc.)
9. Ensure compliance with all Medicaid Waiver, Division of Vocational Rehabilitation, APD and Department of Education contracts and submission requirements.
10. Responsible all staff receives minimum required training to comply with all state and federal regulations for services provided by The Arc North Florida.
11. Ensure compliance with all The Arc North Florida’s policy and procedures.
12. Participate on assigned agency committees.
13. Ensure that staff maintain a “client first” environment; see that appropriate reporting is made regarding any suspected abuse, neglect, exploitation or violation of client rights as required by local, state and federal agencies.
14. Ensure residential menus are in compliance with required standards and reviewed at least annually.
15. Conduct agency self-assessment at regular intervals (preferably quarterly but at a minimum of two times per year).
16. Prepare Quality Improvement Plans if/as required (Delmarva & Residential Licensure Review).
17. Assist with all The Arc North Florida, Inc. fund raising activities.
18. Provide supervision to the supervisor and/or staff providing personal services.
19. Assist The Arc North Florida staff, including the Executive Director, as necessary.
20. Perform other duties as required.
21. Effectively manages day-to-day operations of Adult Day Training sites/programs.
22. Recommends for hiring and maintains competent staff.
23. Develops/implements individualized client curriculum that enables client goal achievement and meets requirements of Medicaid Waiver Agreement.
24. Ensures proper orientation of new consumers and families.
25. Effectively manages assigned services within budget.
26. Ensures assigned facilities are maintained in a safe, sanitary manner. Reports needed repairs to Operations Director.
27. Reports suspected or alleged abuse of consumers in a timely manner.
28. Completes reports in a timely manner.
29. Ensures routine household maintenance.
30. Assist in the on-going assessment of resident’s progress.
31. Schedules, supervises and evaluates assigned staff no later than original date of hire every year employed.