THE ARC NORTH FLORIDA, INC.
POSITION: Residential Shift Staff STATUS: Full-Time/Part-Time
High School Diploma or GED. Ability to supervise and train clients and coordinate activities. Possesses valid Florida driver's license. Good driving record. Self-starter, highly motivated. Good reading and writing skills. Strong desire to work with people with disabilities. Capable of operating independently and following directions. Can work flexible hours when needed. Can get the job done. Maintains first aide/cpr and aids/contagious disease certification.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for providing supervision and training for people with disabilities in a residential setting. This position requires an aware staff person that stays alert at all times (NO SLEEPING).
EXAMPLES OF WORK (NOT ALL INCLUSIVE)
1. Create a congenial and home like atmosphere within the community residence.
2. Promotes a maximum independence of each resident.
3. Facilitates opportunities for residents to be involved in community activities such as shopping, leisure
and religious activities as stated on activity schedule.
4. Supervises and prepares nutritious meals stated on menu.
5. Assist each resident in developing attitudes and behavior appropriate to community living.
6. Be supportive of and encourage each residents participation in the day training or vocational program
7. Protect each resident's rights and freedoms and maintain confidentiality of personal information
concerning the individual, in accordance with the Bill of Rights of Retarded Persons.
8. Report any unusual incidents to the Residential Home Manager.
9. Report suspected abuse or neglect.
10. Maintain facility and client records.
11. Provide for proper storage, handling of drugs and medicines. Assist the resident by making medications available and reminding the client to take them at the appropriate times.
12. Provide for or assist in transportation for residents to and from place of employment, personal
appointments, and for recreational and other events.
13. Assist residents in communication with their families.
14. Assist residents in handling of money and making and keeping appointments when indicated.
15. Ensures opportunity for resident privacy.
16. Responsible for household duties as assigned on duty calendar.
17. Participate in monthly fire evacuation drills and all disaster drills with proper documentation of same.
18. Maintain a safe environment.
19. Avoid the exploitation of any resident.
20. Supervise and participate in routine household maintenance. Ensures cleanliness of house/grounds.
21. Assist in the on-going assessment of client progress.
POSITION DESCRIPTION RESIDENTIAL SHIFT STAFF
22. Assist each resident as needed with self care and grooming needs.
23. Provide physical assistance to client as needed.
24. Performs other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISION GIVEN: None
REPORTS TO: Residential Home Manager and Assistant Residential Home Manager
SALARY RANGE: $8.50/hr
ESTABLISHED: 01/90 06/03
UPDATED: 08/93 11/04