Fundraising Coordinator is a creative professional fundraiser and grant writer responsible for securing new sponsors and income, executing fundraising programs and events, developing relationships; and rapidly growing The Arc North Florida’s business within the community. You will report to the Executive Director and work closely with all levels of the Team. The FC does not have supervisory responsibilities. The position will have clearly defined benchmarks for this position.
• Researches Grant opportunities, applies for grants and completes follow-up
• Maintain existing and build new sponsor relationships through effective communication. Convert new sponsors into committed supporters through identification of shared goals and values.
• Execute Marketing Plan and individual outcome plan to exceed a minimum annual revenue goal of 100K.
• Will take lead and participate in the execution of major fundraising programs such as Golf Tournaments, Lawn Mower Race, Social Events and other community based fundraising.
• Handle fiscal accountability for significant income requirements. Provide timely and accurate projections to the Executive Director.
• Build fundraising opportunities through various business development techniques including prospecting, targeted follow-up, and new lead generation.
• Deliver organized, structured, and persuasive presentations, using effective written and verbal communication.
• Work closely with Family Support team on fundraising programs.
• Perform other duties or special projects as needed.
• Drive: Motivated to meet and exceed fundraising goals and quotas. Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with sponsors to meet business objectives. Demonstrate the ability to close the sale.
• Initiative: Measure self against a standard of excellence. Undertake self-development activities and learn new skills, seek increased responsibilities and ask for and offer help when needed. Demonstrate the ability to work independently and harmoniously with a variety of personalities and leadership styles.
• Communication Skills: Clearly and persuasively communicate, including public speaking; listen and seek clarifications; participate in meetings; write clearly and informatively.
• Integrity: Work well in a rapidly changing environment; treat others with respect and consideration; accept responsibility for own actions. Understand business implications of decisions, align work with strategic goals, complete administrative tasks and develop strategies to achieve organizational goals.
• Flexibility: Able to multitask in a changing work environment. Handle competing demands and unexpected events. Willingness to change approach to best fit the situation.
Dependability: Follows instructions, takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments