High School Diploma. Ability to supervise and train clients and coordinate activities. Possesses valid Florida driver's license. Good driving record. Self-starter, highly motivated. Good reading and writing skills. Strong desire to work with people with disabilities. Capable of operating independently and following directions. Can work flexible hours when needed. Can get the job done. Maintains first aid/cpr and aids/contagious dis-ease certification. Two years experience with people with disabilities or other acceptable field required. Education may substitute.GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for training and supervising clients in the assigned service. Assures quality control of assigned projects. Assists supervisor in the performance of his/her duties. Works in assigned areas. Serves as a "utility staff" when needed.
EXAMPLES OF WORK: (NOT ALL INCLUSIVE)
1. Trains clients in assigned areas.
2. Properly supervises clients, ensuring proper conduct and safety. Does not allow clients to leave within sight and/or sound unless specifically approved by the supervisor.
3. Responsible for maintenance and care of assigned equipment and vehicles.
4. Participates in goal setting with clients as required. Implements activities to help individual reach projected goals and documents same.
5. Anticipates and solves problems.
6. Maintain proper inventory of needed supplies. Provides security for same.
7. Sets an example personal hygiene and dress. Assists clients with personal needs as required. Reviews clients dress and hygiene daily.
8. Motivates in a positive way. Treats individuals served in a dignified, normal manner.
9. Maintains high levels of cleanliness in assigned areas.
10. Communicates problems to supervisor.
11. Ensures proper job orientation for each person served.
12. Maintains high standards of conduct.
13. Maintains high level of quality control.
14. Responsible for transporting clients on community inclusion activities.
15. Provide physical assistance to client in transferring, toileting, feeding etc. as needed. (requires lifting)
16. Performs other duties as required.
SUPERVISION GIVEN: None
REPORTS TO: See Employment Letter
Director of Programs
SALARY RANGE: $8.50/hour